Thursday 25 March 2021

ONE DAY


one day I will be ready to love a man

wholly and without any fear

and when that day comes

I will love him hard

like it doesn’t matter

where the sun rises

or sets at the end of the day

 

when that day comes

I will make sure that he knows

there is no one else

and that I will always be there

on his good days

and more importantly

on his bad days

 

when that day comes

I will look into his eyes

and hold him tight

and tell him I love him

more than I love sunsets

and that I long for him

more than the promises of the horizon

 


when that day comes

I will not try to be strong on my own

I will allow myself to be vulnerable

and cry when my heart is heavy

I will let him hold my hand

while my scars

and my bruises heal

 

when that day comes

I will remind myself everyday

that to truly love a man

is to love his Creator

more than anything else

for without Him, I am nothing

and I would not want to be nothing

for the man I love wholly and without any fear








No comments:

Post a Comment